REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!!!
all participants that are eligible will have a confirmation email sent
UPDATE 27 March: We are currently holding a waitlist for this event. you can still register, but will only get your confirmation once a seat opens up.
UPDATE 16 March: all free hotel rooms are taken up. If you still wish to participate that is possible but you will need to reserve your own place! (https://www.lh-seeheim.de/en/book-a-room/)
IMPORTANT: Note travel expenses are not covered. Only Food, Beverage and Accomodation (Friday-Sunday) will be provided during the entire onsite hackathon event for the approved developers! Could you also share your arriving flight details (firstname.lastname@example.org) & t-shirt size as we are doing exclusive t-shirts and other goodies!
NOTE: registration closes 23rd April 2023! And is only confirmed upon receipt of email from ONERECORD@iata.org
This event takes place in a face-to-face format ONLY!
Welcome to the first of two ONE Record 2023 Hackathon, a round-the-clock experience which comprises:
- One week ideation phase to prepare your project - starting Monday 19th June
- A 28 hour coding experience to work on your projects and pitch ideas to a team of industry experts and mentors
During the Hackathon you will be asked to build solutions to enhance cargo products using the ONE Record Data Sharing standard by multimodal means. We will ask you to address at least one of the related challenges by using at least one of the APIs available at the event. In parallel, you will be able to attend some of the workshops that will take place and gain access to mentors that will support you through the Hackathon experience.
NB - IATA does NOT retain developers' Intellectual Property (IP) on any of their ideas/prototypes presented at this Hackathon. Detailed information under Terms and Conditions.
More information can be found on the dedicated Developer Portal for ONE Record.
- Monday 19th June- Ideation phase kicks-off. Start planning your solution and look at connecting with available APIs
- Friday 23rd June 17:00 CEST the welcome reception starts. Introduction of mentors, sponsors prizes and details of the challenges. Following on, each team should present their high level ideas for validation. Reception opens at 10:00 CEST for those that arrive early!
- Saturday 24th June 08:00 CEST Hackathon starts!
Sunday 25th June 12:00 CEST Coding finishes and submissions must be completed for judges to see.
- At around 14:00 CEST (this gives enough time for a lunch/smoke/powernap break and checkout of hotel room) all team to meetup in the ThinkTank whereby IATA will host a few updates and ask some teams (INFORMALLY) to present their ideas to the other teams. Note the judges wont be present as they are scoring the submissions through Devpost.
- At around 16:00 judging will be completed and the judges will then join the meeting and announce the winners
- Around 17:00 CEST the event closes
Each team should choose and address at least ONE (1) challenge
- MORE INFO RELEASED ASAP
More information can be found on the update tab and Discord feed
For the SPONSORED Challenges, you MUST opt-in during registration!
Note that full challenge and API connection details will be provided at the start of the Ideation phase on Monday 19th June 2023
- Register on Devpost
- Submit your idea / project proposal via email to email@example.com
- Describe the problem you are addressing and the solution you intend to build during the hackathon
- Register on Discord/Devpost to find your teammates (if required)
- Describe team members' skills, plus skills needed by team members who may join your team
- Promote your idea on Social Media: #ONERecord #DigitalCargo
The idea should be a project that you haven't done before and the first day of the hackathon (Saturday 24th June) should be the first day you start developing and coding.
In order to make sure that Ideas are on the right track, we invite each team to start designing at the start of the ideation phase (19th June) and share your high level ideas with the IATA Team during the welcome reception on friday live in person. All teams must submit their ideas for approval in order to be able to be eligible to participate.
Final Project Submission (on Sunday 25th June)
Remember to submit on time (12:00 CEST) the textual pitch and video (more info below) for the judging phase on Sunday 25th June!
1. Textual Pitch on Devpost
You should explain:
- The problem your project solves, including which ONE Record challenge(s) are addressed
- Your solution and what it does
- How did you build it?
- What are you proud of?
- What is next step for your solution and how will you take that step?
- Links to test the solution (e.g., Github, Website, App, adobe) and the code
2. Video Pitch (5 Minutes Max):
Upload a video (5 minutes max) of the working demo of the solution on Youtube as a public video (it can be unlisted if you want) explaining your solution and the problems it solves. The link to the video must be uploaded on Devpost as well.
Team sizes should be MAXIMUM 6 participants. with a minimum of 2.
All projects must be submitted by Sunday, June 25 2023, at 12:00 CEST.
Judging will take place straight after submission and award ceremony with winner annoucement following starting around 16:00 CEST.
$17,000 in prizes
Lufthansa Cargo Prize
The Lufthansa Cargo prize is awarded to the solution that best addresses the Lufthansa Cargo challenge
ONE Record Prize
The ONE Record prize is awarded to the solution that made the best use of the ONE Record API in terms of innovation and creativity.
Riege Software Prize
The Riege Software prize is awarded to the team that showed exceptional coding skills and presents an innovative solution with the best use of technology enabling true collaboration within the global logistics community
Cargo iQ prize
The Cargo iQ prize is awarded to the team that best addresses the Cargo iQ challenge
EU FEDeRATED Prize
The FEDeRATED prize is awarded to the solution that best addresses the FEDeRATED challenge.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Head of Cargo Digital, Cathay Pacific Cargo
Managing Director, Cargo Operations & Transformation Air Canada
Dr. Jan-Wilhelm Breithaupt
Vice President Global Fulfillment Management, Lufthansa Cargo
Creative Director, Riege Software
Principal Consultant, Im3pact AG
Airfreight Procurement & CargoiQ Project Manager, CEVA Logistics
Director AVSEC & Governance, DB Schenker
Vice President Corporate Strategy and Digitalization, Fraport AG
Originality & Innovation
Is the project bringing value add & unique solution to the market? Is it a solution or creation we have never seen before? Is it a better way of doing current processes?
Technical Merit & Difficulty
Is it technically interesting or difficult to develop? Is the hack usable in its current state? Does everything appear to work as intended? Does it deliver a great experience? Is it mostly bug-free?
Does the project have any feasible application and/or have an impact that goes above and beyond? Will this help the supply chain with a real problem that we are currently facing? Can this be implemented?
Is the presentation clear & well structured? Does the project clearly define the problem? Solution? The features of the product or service? The benefits?